Academic Writing for Scientists
Lehre & Forschung
Participants will learn how to prepare a scientific paper in the life sciences – from data to publication.
Course contents and aims:
- How do I structure my paper so that it becomes cogent and interesting?
- How do I write a catchy ABSTRACT, an interesting INTRODUCTION, a clear METHOD and a convincing RESULTS section and how do I discuss my data in the DISCUSSION?
- What structural and stylistic means can I use so that my readers can easily follow my text?
- What’s the perfect journal for my paper, how to submit and how to deal with the responses?
- How do I prevent or solve writer’s block?
- And a lot more…
In addition, participants are invited to bring their own scientific texts. These texts will be discussed in the group so that authors will learn how their own writing is perceived by an audience. Practical exercises, numerous examples and plenty of time for discussion and questions contribute to a better understanding of the seminar topics.
|Lessons||10 May 2021, 09.00–16.00 and 11 May 2021, 09.00–16.00|
|Price||EUR 40,– (internal fee); EUR 354,– (external fee)|
|Location||Depending on the current situation – face-to-face seminar or online|
START: 10 May 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 April 2021
- Young scientists working in the life sciences with little experience in scientific writing
- Scientists with some experience who want to make writing easier
Dr. Eva Müller
Biologist, worked many years as a scientist in basic research. Currently, professional science writer and coach for scientific writing.
Book: “Schreiben in Naturwissenschaften und Medizin” by Eva Müller (UTB).